Clean up storage pool

pfsubaru

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering, what is the quickest way to delete everything within the storage pool. I no longer need the information that are store in there and I need the space to store some other stuff.

Please advise and thanks!!!

The quickest and dirtiest way to do it is:
Code:
query volume stgpool=pool_name
Then for each of those volume, issue:
Code:
delete volume volume_name discarddata=yes
If you have copy pool, it will also delete all the files that were on the primary pool from the copy pool. This means that this is irreversible.

May want to check what's in it first:
Code:
query occupancy stgpool=pool_name

More to the above post, be sure the volumes that you're deleting with discardd=yes aren't part of a TSM deduplicated sequential file storage pool. If they are, you need to be a bit more cautious, as there are some other caveats....especially if you aren't deleting EVERYTHING in that pool.

Thanks, you guys are the awesome. I am deleting everything in the pool so no worries there. But thanks for heads up.

Is it a deduplicated storage pool? Even if you are deleting everything in it, you might not see the volumes/space free up immediately because the deduplication has to be "dereferenced". You can monitor this progress with SHOW DEDUPDELETEINFO, but it might take a while...(consider increasing the threads with DEDUPDELETIONTHREADS server option).

Yes ... it is a dedup pool. thanks for the info. I will check it.

Back