Checkin libvolume private|scratch

pappumobile

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am new to TSM.
today i had to disconnect Tape library which had valid data on tapes. tomorrow i have to again define library and all its drives then i have to run checkin libvolume command.
checkin libvolume library_name search=yes stuatus= ?(i need to check in both private and scratch volumes) checklabel=barcode.

is this command right ? i don't want to loose my data.
what should the volue of status= scratch|private ?
or do i need to run this command two time, one for scratch volumes and one for private ?

hope to listen from you guys.

Do you know which ones are private or scratch? If you don't know, then you need to do more leg work!

Normally the library holds online tape pools and scratch tapes. Do a 'q vol stgp=<online_stgpool_name>' to list all tapes that are for the online pool. Then check in the tapes using 'checkin libvol library_name search=bulk volr=lowest_tape_no,highest_tape_no checkl=barcode status=private waitt=0'

Do the same for the scratch tapes but change to 'status=scratch'.

Moon-buddy, couldn't you just checkin all tapes as scratch, ignore the ANR8443E message about tapes with data on them, then checkin all tapes as private? Let TSM do the leg work !

Moon-buddy, couldn't you just checkin all tapes as scratch, ignore the ANR8443E message about tapes with data on them, then checkin all tapes as private? Let TSM do the leg work !

I know your point but I believe this isn't good a practice.

Tracking the tapes properly would be the way to go.

I've done this a few times with no problems..

Back