checkin libvokume requires "element 16" but I don't know how to map it

kimon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to checkin a volume into my tape library (a DELL 136T), and I submit the command:

checkin libvolume lib.tape BK5469L1 status=private

And tivoli requests a reply:

ANR8306I 003: Insert LTO volume BK5469L1 R/W into the slot with element number 16 of library LIB.TAPE within 60 minutes; issue 'REPLY' along with the request ID when ready.

However, the 136T does not seem to have slot numbers per se, it has columns and rows, so element number 16 makes no sense.

How do I figure out what element 16 is, or is there another way to check in a tape?

Thanks,

Kimon

Ok, so I guess I can partially answer my own question here.

The administrator's guide tells you to use the worksheet that can be found at http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolimain.html to figure out the mapping to elements.

Of course, since that website is now gone, its probably somewhere on the IBM website, though for me at least where exactly is not obvious. :mad:

Does anyone know where the element address worksheets can be found on the IBM website?

Thanks,

Kimon

Hi Kimon,

I have several DELL 132 T. Slot 16 is the import export slot on the right hand site. This slot is for importing or exporting tapes into the Library without opening the front cover.

Regards

Guido

Hello,

Loggin as root on TSM then issue a command "tapeutil -f /dev/smc0 inv |more This will tell you what element 16 is. I know 16 is the first slot on the door.

I hope this work for you.

R

Back