Cheat Sheet

madunix

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Any one created a single page in PDF format for the most used TSM commands. it would be really appreciated to share it with us...

i dont have it, but if any one have it please uploaded

Any one created a single page in PDF format for the most used TSM commands. it would be really appreciated to share it with us...

I don't think you'll find a single page "most used" commands reference anywhere but...your best friend is the command-line help and Richard Sims site http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts The command-line help command will give you the syntax and explanation of every command within TSM. Richard Sims site does this and also gives you more data about things like libraries and drives as well as when you should stray from TSM defaults.

Other than that, posting "How do I...?" questions here is a good way to build up a working knowledge of TSM.

-Aaron

Another reason for non-existing one page cheat sheet is because it depends on your environment.

However, I did decide to look at some of the more frequent commands I have used and I filled up one page quickly.

This is far from complete - for reasons stated above - but I think it does give some basic and helpful commands - commands that have helped me to keep my tsm environment in check.

What I recommend is to look at each command and understand what it does. With that you can start to customize and create your own cheat sheet.

Disclaimer: Though I run most of these commands I cannot be held liable for any command you choose to run. Some commands can take a long time for TSM to run. If you choose to view the contents of 'TSM Command Cheat Sheet' you are using it to further educate yourself and see what commands another TSM Admin has used.

I have ran all these commands and they work in my environment but please realize what impact each command will have prior to running it.;)

Attachments

• TSM Command Cheat Sheet.pdf
    42.2 KB · Views: 319
Back