Change ADSM.SYS folder partition

kapz

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an server based on Windows 2000 that run with low space on disk C. I'm trying to clean all that I can. TSM client has been installed on this server, and the folder ADSM.SYS is on disk C. Did you know anyway to change this folder to disck D, for example?

Thanks

Your only option would be to install the TSM client on another drive/partition if one is available.

This would not get the /adsm.sys folder off the C: drive though. Just the client folder.

if you do not need system state and sytem services backups of this machine, delete the adsm.sys folder

Hmmm, let me understand...

If I install the client in partition D, for example, the ADSM.SYS folder will be create in the partition D?

I want to backup the system state :roll:... If that issue isn't possible, I think that I'll need to reinstall server... :eek:...

Thanks..>!!

Large Files in adsm.sys folder

Hi,
I am getting very large files in the adsm.sys folder and they are eating up my hard drive space. The total folder is 127 GB with 12 MB files. The files are SystemExcludeCache_xxxxxxxx.TsmCacheDB.

I'm running TSM Client v5.5.0.4 on a 32-bit Windows Server 2003 SP1 machine.

I tried deleting the files and stopping the Journaling service buty they are still coming back every minute.

Do I need these files? Why are they so big? Please help!

Johnny

Johnny,

Apar IC55612 was opened for this problem but is still open. These files can be deleted after the backup or even before next one. The easiest thing to do would be to create a batch file that deletes the files and use a pre or post sched command.

Robert

Back