Visit site
Hello all,

currently i cannot execute the following command
dsmserv runfile scripts.smp
The output is seen below.

I have no idea why the script-file cannot be opened. :confused:

Volker

c:\PROGRAmme\Tivoli\TSM\server\dsmserv runfile scripts.smp
ANR0900I Processing options file c:\programme\tivoli\tsm\server1\dsmserv.opt.
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 12:44:39 on Aug 24 2006.

Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows
Version 5, Release 3, Level 3.4

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2006.
All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR8550E Error opening scripts.smp.

The script is the sample script and it is in the local directory (c:\bkoffice\tivoli\tsm\dr, to be precise).

Ok -

Then your issue seems to be elementary - simply path related.
If you don't tell it where the file is, it cannot find it.
Hence the error is correct.

Run it this way:

c:\PROGRAmme\Tivoli\TSM\server\dsmserv runfile c:\bkoffice\tivoli\tsm\dr\scripts.smp

And you should be good to go - I hope...
-Chef.

OK, second try. What about that output?

C:\Programme\Tivoli\TSM\server>dsmserv runfile C:\Programme\Tivoli\TSM\server\sc
ripts.smp
ANR0900I Processing options file c:\programme\tivoli\tsm\server1\dsmserv.opt.
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 12:44:39 on Aug 24 2006.

Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows
Version 5, Release 3, Level 3.4

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2006.
All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR9969E Unable to open volume C:\BKOFFICE\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\LOG1.DSM. The
most likely reason is that another TSM server is running and has the volume
allocated.
ANR9969E Unable to open volume C:\BKOFFICE\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\DB1.DSM. The most
likely reason is that another TSM server is running and has the volume
allocated.
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.

Looks like your TSM server cannot be started.
It's either
1) You already are running a TSM instance on this box using those LOG and DB volumes it is trying to read
or
2) complaining that the LOG and DB volumes are not where they are defined in the dsmserv.dsk file.

Are you just trying to run a script to your TSM instance that you already have? Or do you need this script to start the TSM server?
Still not exactly clear on what you are trying to achieve...

-Chef.

Hi Chef,

sorry for not beeing precise.

I just want to install the TSM sample scripts on a tsm server instance. The tsm server is running and i do not want to do a recovery.

Volker

Ok -

I do not run my TSM server on Windows -
Can you give me a better picture of what the scripts are for?
That will help me understand what you are trying to apply.

Thx -
-Chef.

Yes, i can.
The standard TSM installation contains a script-file called scripts.smp. Sample TSM scripts for different purposes are contained in this file a i want to test a few thing with those scripts.

Volker

ok -

Why do you need to run them as "dsmserv runfile" ?
"dsmserv" apparently starts the TSM server.

If they are scripts - then maybe you want to run them like this instead?

dsmadmc -id=$TSMID -pa=$TSMPA c:\bkoffice\tivoli\tsm\dr\scripts.smp

Beyond that, I am afraid I cannot assist...
Good luck -
-Chef.

Hi Chef,

shame on me!:redface:

A simple 'macro scripts.smp' does the job!

Volker

Hello arndt,

To answer cheffern question, "Why do you need to run them as "dsmserv runfile" ?", 'dsmserv runfile' command is used to load the contents of the run file into tsm server database. There is a file in the TSM server directory named 'dsmserv.idl' which is the interface definition file and it contains the pages that you see when you connect to tsm server admin web client (this is the old admin web interface). With the new version the dsmserv.idl were changing and the upgrade process (verion 5.1 - 5.2 etc) was runing this command 'dsmserv runfile dsmserv.idl" in the back ground. Sometimes the upgrade may not run this command properly and then you can manually run this command.

Similarly 'dsmserv runfile scripts.smp' is supposed to load the sample scripts in the database and then you can run these sample scripts using 'run script_name' admin command within dsmadmc or gui.

Can you kindly make sure that the scripts.smp is in the same directory where the dsmserv.exe is and then simply run.

'dsmserv runfile script.smp'

You need to make sure that your TSM server is not running at the time of running this command otherwise you will get the message

ANR9969E Unable to open volume C:\BKOFFICE\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\LOG1.DSM. The
most likely reason is that another TSM server is running and has the volume
allocated.

Regards

Hey
OK - Has any one looked into the Automation Section/ Server command scripts of the TSM GUI - or for that matter - executing "q script" from the admin console?
These two areas on my servers contain sample scripts which I use on occasion.
I am also concerned on the type of installation - I believe the sample scripts are extracted during installation - whereupon as you launch the TSM server, these scripts are readily available to you.
Also I also want to say that you want to use "awk" against the scripts.smp file to extract what you need.
Lastly - out of curiosity - I ran a "more statement" against my scripts.smp file and viewed the entire contents. I believe you may have been working too hard on viewing the contents of this file.
So use the GUI or "cat " the scripts.smp file to a text file and I believe you will be off and running.

Hope this helps

Steven

Cheffern, to anwser your question "Why do you need to run them as "dsmserv runfile" ?", the 'dsmserv runfile filename' command is used to load the contents of the file specified by filename in the TSM server database. In version 5.1, 5.2 of the TSM server (if not earliar) this method was used to load/refresh the TSM admin web pages or interface definition file (dsmserv.idl) to TSM server database. This was transparently done by the upgrade process but sometimes you may have to refresh the pages and the following command was used to load the dsmserv.idl (interface definition language) to server database.

# dsmserv runfile dsmserv.idl

TSM server has to be down to run this command. TSM sample scripts can be loaded to TSM server database using the same method.

Arendt,

Can you make sure that the scripts.smp is in the same directory where the dsmserv.exe file is and then the command as follows:

dsmserv runfile scripts.smp

Make sure that your TSM server is not running when you issue this command. Let me know the results.

Well it seems that I posted my answer again as when I review the chain I did not saw my first post. Sorry for that guys

Hi arendt -

Glad you got it working - didn't realize it would be a macro-type...
Steven's comment on "executing "q script" from the admin console" was exactly where I was wanting to go with this - just didn't quite grasp what you needed. Sorry.

alimirza - I did read that somewhere -
just that he mentioned he was on Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows
Version 5, Release 3, Level 4 though...

Thanks tho :)

Last edited:
Back