Cannot Remove Admin

matcohen

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hellow,

i tried to delete a system admin user, and it didn't work.
i get the following messege:

"ANR3217E Administrator xxx is a managed object and cannot be removed"

if you know the solotion,
try to be more spesific please, because the explanations that i found in the internet didn't help at all.

thanks a head

M.C

hellow,

try to be more spesific psase, because the explanations that i found in the internet didn't help at all.

thanks a head

M.C

Hi,
That's because this admin is managed by managed server, and you are trying to remove it from a managed client.

You need to remove this admin on the TSM Server that is the "managed server".

didn't work

But that massege appeared when i have tried to delete it from the tsm server..... i don't get what

When you register a node, it registers an admin account for that node (with the same name) If the node still exists, you can not delete the admin account.

If you want to delete the admin account, you would first need to delete the node that the admin account manages.

-Aaron

hellow,

try to be more spesific please, because the explanations that i found in the internet didn't help at all.

thanks a head

M.C

Do you have a TSM server that is acting as a Config Manager?? If so have you attempted to remove the admin from that server - and execute "notify subscribers" afterwards?
Being a managed object - as I read it - suggests that the TSM config manager has the Admin module in its server group profile.
Take a look and let us know
Hope this helps

At the server (the managed client) where you want to delete the admin issue a "q adm XXX f=d" aan check these fields:

Registering Administrator: $$CONFIG_MANAGER$$
Managing profile: STANDARD

Then issue a "q subscript":

Configuration Profile name Last update
manager date/time
--------------- --------------- --------------------
SERVER1 STANDARD 11/26/07 23:52:37

Now go to that configuration manager listed as server and delete the admin there from the role, in this case, STANDARD and notify the subscribers.
Or unsubscribe the managed server from the configuration manager and remove the admin locally, as it is now not managed anymore.

When you register a node, it registers an admin account for that node (with the same name) If the node still exists, you can not delete the admin account.

If you want to delete the admin account, you would first need to delete the node that the admin account manages.

-Aaron

in that case you can remove the admin account related to the node ...

interesting,

does somebody has some doc about "how to configure a TSM server as "Config Manager" ?

thanks in advance guys

Back