cancel all reclaim processes

BaukePlugge

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking for an admin script or server command script to cancel all active reclaim processes.

I've find some threads in the old site but their all Unix related. I've a windows based TSM 5.1 server.

does somebody have a script for this ?

regards

Bauke Plugge

If you can install Perl, you might try something like this. I don't see why this wouldn't work

on a Windows server with Perl installed.

#!/usr/bin/perl

#Get the password from another file so we don't have to have it hard coded in all these

#scripts.

open(IN,"/home/curtst/.TSM");

chomp($pw=<IN>);

#Look for reclaim process and kill them.

@reclaims=grep/Reclam/,`dsmadmc -id=id -pass=$pw q pro`;

foreach $line(@reclaims){

$line=~s/,//g;

@split=split(/ +/,$line);

print "killing reclaim proccess $split[1]\n";

sleep 2;

`dsmadmc -id=id -pass=$pw can pro $split[1]`;

}

is there no other alternative?

I prefer to do it with TSM self.

regards

Bauke Plugge

Not that I've figured out. That's why I just use Perl.

Curtis

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>is there no other alternative?

I prefer to do it with TSM self.

regards

Bauke Plugge</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Just for fun:

for a in `dsmadmc -pass=xxxx -id=xxxx "select process_num from processes where process='Migration' " |sed 1,12d | sed -e :a -e '$d;N;2,4ba' -e 'P;D' `

do

dsmadmc -pass=xxxx -id=xxxx "cancel pr $a"

done

Sorry but where can i put in this script ?

If I do it in admin scripts then I get an error when I save it.

thanks for the responses for so far.

regards

Bauke Plugge

Now why didn't I think of that? Much easier than parsing the process numbers out of a query process command. Good thought.

Curtis

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Just for fun:

for a in `dsmadmc -pass=xxxx -id=xxxx "select process_num from processes where process='Migration' " |sed 1,12d | sed -e :a -e '$d;N;2,4ba' -e 'P;D' `

do

done

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd run it out of cron, or just manually whenever you need it. Not sure if there's a way to run OS scripts from within a TSM Administrative Schedule. Of course, neither of these will work for you without installing either Perl (http://www.activeperl.com/) for my script or either BASH or KSH (not sure which) for the last recommendation. Perhaps this (www.cygwin.com) can help you on that end.

Curtis

This is a great script but how do you modify it to loop?

Thanks,

Marty

Not sure what you mean. Both the scripts already loop through any processes that match the requirement and kill them all. If you're concerned that reclaimation will start up again, just update the storage pools so the reclaim % is 100 as part of the script.

Curtis

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>This is a great script but how do you modify it to loop?

Thanks,

Marty</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

How can I put this script in a Admin script ?

do

done

regards

Bauke

Back