Can I update FW on my IBM3583-L18,

pehov

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Hello

IBM says that I without any problem can update my FW on my drives and Library FW.

My FW on my drives is the same and ver. 25D4. The Library FW is now 2.80.0410.

Last time a IBM tech. updated FW on the drives and Library, I had MANY read errors on my tapes, so many errors that I replaced all my tapes and stated from scratch, I will not do that again....

My TSM tech. support (FourLeaf DK) says that is NOT a good idear to update, I might have many problems after updating.

NOTE: The new Firmwares dos not support TSM server 4.x

Any idears ? :confused:

Are you having problems with your current firmware? I too have problems but this last update seems to be less problematic of all. Partly becuase I dont believe the CE's applied firmware correctly until this last time. Apparently it doesnt apply correctly through RMU.. We connected an OLD Laptop via serial cable and applied that way. I am still seeing errors in my Windows Event Viewer and Sporadically in my activity logs. However it still seems to be working. It has been my experience that with errors come malfunctions. So we will see

Through the RMU I currently have Library Firmware 5.14.0001 and Tape sled code of 5.14.0001 for sled3appl, sled2appl and sled1appl. Also for MainAppl, PickAppl, and Discappl I have 5.14.0001

For MainBoot, Pickboot, and Discboot as well as sled3boot, sled2boot and sled1boot I have 2.04.0006. I think this translates to Firmware version 380D on the Drives and 5.14.0001 on the Library. This was just recently upgraded when our logic board was replaced.

Back