ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Greetings!

We are doing a test BMR.
Windows server 2008 standard 32 bit
Tivoli storage manager Backup-Archive Client Version 6. release 2, Level 4.00
Tsm server version 5.5

We are following these instructions:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/...2008 R2, Windows 7, and Windows Vista?lang=en

We have a problem at step 9: Start the system state restore
We recieve an error: ANS4005E Error processing '': file not found

DSMERROR.LOG contains:
01/07/2013 13:49:38 ANS1997W No files have been previously backed up for the VSS component 'ASR'.
01/07/2013 13:49:38 ANS1997W No files have been previously backed up for the VSS component 'Volume{75281331-02bd-11e0-a299-806e6f6e6963}'.
01/07/2013 13:49:38 ANS1997W No files have been previously backed up for the VSS component 'harddisk0'.
01/07/2013 13:49:38 ANS1997W No files have been previously backed up for the VSS component 'harddisk1'.
01/07/2013 13:54:23 ANS4005E Error processing '': file not found

The server that we wish to restore has this in dsm.opt file:
NODENAME server2008
TCPSERVERADDRESS tsmserver.company.local
SNAPSHOTPROVIDERFS VSS
EXCLUDE "*:\...\*"
EXCLUDE "*:\*"
INCLUDE "C:\1-FOLDER\...\*"
INCLUDE "C:\2-FOLDER\...\*"
INCLUDE "D:\3-FOLDER\...\*"
DOMAIN "\\server2008\c$"
DOMAIN "\\server2008\d$"
DOMAIN "SYSTEMSTATE"

We have ran incremental backup on the server, before doing test restore.
Backup ran without any errors.

What are we doing wrong?

Hello,

I had the same error as you (Windows 2008 web server edition).

LATEST UPDATE:
Even I had that error I let restore process to finish. I had a server with 2 partitions but TSM created only 1 (system only).
I restored that partition and did not created the other one. instead i booted up the system, then created other partition and restored the data.

so I think that you should do the rest of the procedure no matter that error.

Last edited:
Well, since we are migrating TSM server 5.5.to higher version I will try to do backup with 6.4 TSM client, and put this client files on WIN PE, and then try to restore if it will be better.
I will let you know.
Meanwhile anyone else has an explanation for that error. Your help would be more then appreticiated.

For a test restore I have even matched the same hard disk types, because I have read somewhere on google results that maybe the error appears because of a hardware mismatch (you need to have exactly the same number of hard disk on original server and on the restored server):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Cst0SCMGxWdG5jT0dxODFQZ0E/edit

i'm ranning out of ideas why error appears.
Moon-buddy where are u? :)

This is the hole output from dsmc restore systemstate: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Cst0SCMGxWeGd3elJ6bjN0b28/edit

Please help. We have tried to restore a 2nd 2008 server 32 bit and it is the same :( After examing 56.000 files we recieve an exact error as on previous 2008 server. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Cst0SCMGxWYm53dndRMHE0ams/edit. We also tried witch doing backup of all files on this server and systemstate soo practically every file was backed up, but still restore stops with this errror. I really need your help guys. With best regards

Even restoring it on phisical machine we receive the same error.

Hi there. Already googled 1000pages, and the one you are mentioning it I have already seen, tried the same number of disks, the same driver, but the problem remains.

Hi
Why don't you want to update client to version 6.3.1 where IC86620 resolved?
Efim

Why do I have feeling that in 6.4 this ain't working? I have updated the server with TSM Version 6, release 4, level: 0.00 then I have made backup on the server. I have recreated Winpe ISO with this version integrated, but the error in this version remains the same.

But the IC86620 resolved only in TSM Client version 6.3.1.
Efim

Soo you are trying to say, that a newer version contains this "bug" again? Isn't that awkward?

This problem is currently projected to be fixed in levels 6.2.5, 6.3.1 and 6.4.1.

wow. i will try that. Is it necessary to backup with 6.3.1 client or it's just about putting 6.3.1 tsm client version on win pe?

One "dumb" question. Is it backup of C:\WINDOWS\*...* and C:\PROGRAM FILES\*...* mandatory for sucessfull BMR restore with WIN PE iso? Is it possible if this folders weren't backed up, that was the reason for error?

Do you use Extended Firmware Interface (EFI) ?
run diskpart -> list volumes and mountvol command for check partitions.
Efim

Back