Becoming TSM Consultant!!!

Hema

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
How to become TSM Consultant. What is the basic criteria/strategy to be followed?

Regards,
Hema

relevant question In which location of IBM, TSM R&D going on? and how to become part of the TSM R&D department? what all skills required and needed ..... I think information on those things gives picture to TSM administrators who all aspiring to become TSM SME Consultant and be part to R&D department.

R&D? I think he wants to become a consultant, not a developer. I'd suggest having at least 5 years experience, and at least 1 of those years doing architecture. If all you do is pure admin, I'd ask why you would want to become a consultant -- better full time in that kind of role.

Hi Hema,

Please provide email and I can help

@Daniel & @Sandeep: Not in specific to any competency in IBM. I aim for a IBM Certified TSM consultant.

Any certifications that could grade me as consultant?

Regards,
Hema

Well, you should have IBM Deployment Professional Certification for TSM, and SNIA certification would also be good. Various o/s certifications may be useful, but what you need most is experience.

Thanks Daniel.

Well aware of the IBM deployment certification, I attempted to gather idea on SNIA, I understood that various levels of grade is available which are as:
Professional (SCSP)
Engineer (SCSE)
Expert (SCSN-E)
Architect (SCSA)
SNIA Sales Qualification (SQSSP)

I'm confused, which could be the one I shuld start up with, Can you guide me.

Regards,
Hema

You HAVE to start with with SCSP, and if you've done any work with storage, it should be pretty easy. I saw a practice exam on the SNIA web site, but I can't recall exactly where it was -- you may want to look around.

The SCSE is mostly for SAN administration, so it may be of limitted value, but again. Personally, I'd go for the SCSA.

How to become TSM Consultant. What is the basic criteria/strategy to be followed?

Regards,
Hema

First, it is a matter of experience ...
Secondly, you need to have work in complex environments TSM ...

I don't think there is a specific way to become a consultant TSM.
It is a question of opportunity, interest and motivation for TSM.

Back