Backup schedule with different dsm.opt file

vkravindran

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I have the regular backup (daily incremental) going on with my Windows clients, which uses c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt option file. One one client, I want to backup some repository files at a different time. I created a command script (backup.cmd) for this, which points to a different dsm.opt file (which has only the necessary files included and rest everything excluded) and this is how it looks like:

======================================

set PATH=%PATH%; c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient

set DSM_CONFIG=c:\scripts\dsm.opt

dsmc incemental

======================================

On running this (on command line), it backs up the entire system, not just what I put in dsm.opt. What am I doing wrong?

I want to automate with this client scheduler with COMMAND option from the server, but without this works, can't put it there.

Thanks

Rob

Hello:

try something like: dsmc i -optfile=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/my_dsm.opt

Will

I think maybe the easiest way to accomplish this is to install another TSM scheduler which points at your other dsm.opt file. Remember, the TSM scheduler is assigned to one (and only one) .opt file. I recently had to do something like this to backup clustered disks on one of my Win boxes, so I actually ended up with three TSM schedulers on one box running at the same time, each pointing at their own .opt file.

Ravindra,

If you like to do via TSM schedule service use DSMCUTil with /optfile option.

If you like to do via batch file, use dsmc /optfile=c:\scripts\dsm.opt option

Back