Backup over the LAN

lmchv

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi, I have two problems:

1)

I'm trying to perform a backup over the LAN, I'm accessing the data I want to backup using a UNC path.

My command looks like this :

dsmc incre \\<server>\<share>$\ -SUBDIR=YES

in the dsmerror.log file it shows an error :

ANS1063E Invalid path specification

This is everytime I let the scheduler execute the task, when I execute the task mannualy it only scans the whole directory sctructure and doesn't backups anything.

2)

In this server I also backup some local files, and in the "Summary" table in the TSM database it is not showed how many bytes have been transfered.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Make sure your TSM Scheduler service is running under a Domain Admin user account rather than the system account. The system account only works for the local system that is running the service, therefore the system account on system A won't have permission to perform the backup of data on system B. Just set the service to run under a domain account and it will allow you to back it up.

still doesn't works :sad:,

I have the backup commands in a .cmd file, when I execute that file it scans the whole share but doesn't backups anything.

What could be the problem?

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Make sure your TSM Scheduler service is running under a Domain Admin user account rather than the system account. The system account only works for the local system that is running the service, therefore the system account on system A won't have permission to perform the backup of data on system B. Just set the service to run under a domain account and it will allow you to back it up.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

What is your domain setting? TSM defaults to ALL LOCAL so a backup of a directory or drive across the network will not work without it specified in the domain listing. Also as TBart stated make sure TSM is set to the correct admin level to allow the backup.

DOMAIN &lt;UNC PATH>

Might work better if mapped as a drive. NOTE: According to Tivoli this backup procedure is in violation of the client license unless the client where the UNC path is stated has a TSM license also.

Chad Small

[email protected]

Back