backup of tape storage pool always backs up no data

pong3d

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Everytime the backup of the tape storage pool runs it says there is no data to backup. I run a

Q CONTENT VOLNAME COPIED=NO

and it comes up with no results, so everything on the tape pool volume has been backed up.

I'm confused whether or not the diskpool and the primary tape pool have the exact same data and that's no data is backed up from the tapepool. A migration runs every day from the diskpool to the tape pool, and right now the high migration percentage on the diskpool is lower than the percentage utilized. So on the one hand both pools sound like they have the same data and on the other hand they don't.

Any ideas how to find the right answer?

Hi Ed,

Yes, a migration process runs every day from the disk to the online tape pool. The order of things in the day is node backups, storage pools backups, db backup, migration, reclamation.

I'm not really sure if after migration the primary disk pool even has the data it migrates in the database. I'm trying to find a way to compare the disk storage pool and the online tape pool.

Maybe you have enabled autocopy on the primary storage pool and you have defined a copy storage pool for the primary disk pool, then this seems to be normal, because the data gets backed up to the copy pool during the migration process.

Back