Backup is missed, unable to find scheduler issue in AIX.

ajaz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have sysback for AIX, I tried to start the schedule, it didn't work even if i force schedule it from server, tried all possibilities.

dsm.sys
Servername TSMSYSB
Nodename IDB2AXSAP011_SYSB
SCHEDMODE PROMPTED
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
SCHEDLOGRETENTION 30 D
MANAGEDSERVICES SCHEDULE
ERRORLOGRETENTION 30 D
QUERYSCHEDPERIOD 6
Schedlogname /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/sysbdsmsched.log
Errorlogname /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/sysbdsmerror.log
COMMMethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPSERVERADDRESS TSMSERV
COMMRESTARTDuration 60
COMMRESTARTInterval 30
dsm.opt
------------------------------------------
Servername TSMSYSB
-------------------------------------------
scheduler:
root 24314100 1 0 23:55:11 - 0:00 /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64/dsmcad -optfile=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.opt

No errors reported in logs tried to check permissiones everything is fine script is fine, when i run the script manually it works, when i try clientaction it is still pending, unable to find why it is not picking up the schedule.

Schedlogname /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/sysbdsmsched.log
Check the schedule log. When the scheduler was started, you should see it query the Protect server for the next schedule and details about this schedule should show up there.

Also, with schemode=prompted, the only time the scheduler will pick up a schedule from the server is when the scheduler starts. After that it's up to the server to tell the client when it's time to run the schedule. So if you see no issues on the client side, it's likely that the server can't communicate with the CAD.

Check the activity log:
q ac search=IDB2AXSAP011_SYSB begindate=mm/dd/yyyy begintime=hh:mm
(set the begindate and begintime to before when the schedule was supposed to run)

Back