backing up oracle DB

ShimaaMagdy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i want to backup oracle database from a client to TSM server via LAN-free ,what exactly should i install on client

my information is that if i want to take backup via LAN-free to TSM disk i have to install SANergy on client
and ig it to tape directly i should install storage agent
and for ordinary backup (backup-archive client)
and apart from these 3 there is TDP for oracle

should i install all of them???..

p.s: we have a preferable requirement to take backup via LAN-free to TSM disk and then migrate to tape.

a quick reply will be highly appreciated.
thanks

Hi,

you need storage agent for LanFree, TSM client for TSM API and TDP for Oracle for online Oracle backups.
For LANFree to disk you need SANErgy client and SANErgy MDC (server) - it does not matter what server (TSM server or TSM client) is MDC. Then you need to create SANErgy relationship (FUSE) for shared filesystem etc.etc - see the guides.

Harry

thnx for ur reply harry,

is there any cases that u will need to install both storage agent and SANergy on the same client ??

Hi,

yes, it is - if you need to use LANFree to disk then you need StorageAgent and SANErgy (client or MDC) on the same machine.
LANFree backup allows TSM client (TDP for you) to do the backup to the shared device (usualy tape) - device visible by both participants as local. SANErgy makes disk as shared device (which is generaly tricky thing - as more hosts can access it at one time) - so if you need to use LANFree to disk, you need both of them on the same machine.

Harry

Back