Backing up Citrix Metaframe 1.8 with TSM 5.1

comtec17

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone have any information or have backed up Citrix with TSM5.1. I understand it is not supported by Tivoli, but have heard that some users are still doing it. If anyone has any information for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

We are backing up a Citrix Server with TSM 5.1.5 and a also runing Disaster Recovery on it. And it´s works perfect.

But it´s not the TSM client who doing everything for us. It is the BMR client we are useing who do all the work.

TSM backing up all the application and the BMR program is backing up the OS.

In that why you got a perfect solution for Citrix servers.

For more information about the BMR program we use go in to

http://www.cristie.com

Anything special for the applications?

Yes and No.

Normal Applications who don´t have any specail open files. We do nothing to them.

But if it a SQL or Exchange then we use a TDP for it.

Thanks for the information. I do have one more question though, when you restore the server, does it come back with its drive letter? For example, my citrix server changed my C$ to M$, will it restore M$ to C$ and when I reboot will it be M$?

When you have restore the server M is still M and not C:

Becuse that information do you found in the registry and with the BMR program I use do you restore the all registry offline. So when you boot up in Windows for the first time you boot up on M as normal and when you up you start the restore as normal with the TSM client.

:grin:

Back