BA Client - Cluster disks

AMF78

Newcomer
Reaction score
TSM Newbie and first time poster.

I'm trying to backup my cluster quorum drive and I created an OPT file that specifies only Domain Q: (quorum drive). I've created all services and all seems to be fine. If I open the client GUI with the following command "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.exe" -optfile=Q:\tsm\dsm.opt under "Local", I can see all my shared cluster disks. Is this normal to see all disks? I would have though I would only see Q:

Opt file:

NODENAME MYNODE1
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS TSMSERVER
CLUSTERNODE Yes
DOMAIN Q:
errorlogretention 7
errorlogname Q:\tsm\dsmerror.log
schedlogretention 7
schedlogname Q:\tsm\dsmsched.log

Thanks,

AMF78,

Yep, thats normal. You'll be able to see the other drives in the GUI (and can manually back them up), however the scheduled backup jobs will only backup Q:\.

-Chris.

TSM Newbie and first time poster.

I'm trying to backup my cluster quorum drive and I created an OPT file that specifies only Domain Q: (quorum drive). I've created all services and all seems to be fine. If I open the client GUI with the following command "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.exe" -optfile=Q:\tsm\dsm.opt under "Local", I can see all my shared cluster disks. Is this normal to see all disks? I would have though I would only see Q:

Opt file:

NODENAME MYNODE1
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS TSMSERVER
CLUSTERNODE Yes
DOMAIN Q:
errorlogretention 7
errorlogname Q:\tsm\dsmerror.log
schedlogretention 7
schedlogname Q:\tsm\dsmsched.log

Thanks,

First question that comes to mind: did you create a separate TSM Scheduler for the cluster disk using the MSCS Admin Manager and dsmcutil?

If you did, then only the Q: drive will be backed up if you so specified.

Back