Automatically Restore Inactive Backup to a Different Node "Command Line/GUI"

rh28039

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have need to restore an inactive backup from Node (A) to Node (B).

I would like to use "Command Line", instead of "GUI". But am willing to use either one at this time to begin this restore as quickly as possible.

Current Environment: IBM AIX 5.1

1) I'm pretty new to TSM

2) I know how to restore an Active Backup from Node (A) to Node (B) by using -virtualnodename from Node (B) on the Command Line.

3) I have verified that the Inactive Backup exists.

4) I normally use "Command Line" instead of "GUI"

5) I'm having trouble with the syntax in my "Command Line"

6) The Inactive Backup is too large to restore to another location on Node (A), otherwise I would restore it to Node (A) first, then either move it to Node (B) or Back it up again, then restore it to Node (B).

7) The Inactive Backup consists of about 1,000 files spread across 50 Filesystems making up about 400GB of uncompressed storage which are dated September 21.

:cool: I do not wish to -pick each file, but would rather specify which directories to restore in a script from a specific date.

9) The September 21 Backups were completed within 1.5 hours, so the time stamp is between 1:30AM and 3:00AM.

If I were restoring the active backup on Node (A) to Node (B), here is the syntax that I normally use:

Signon to Node (B), then execute the following for each Filesystem:

--> dsmc restore -virtualnodename="Node(A)" -replace=all "/Full/Directory/"

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Ron Hurley

I got it to work and have started my restore.

I believe that RTFM is in order for this thread... So I did...

Signon to Node (B), then execute the following for each Filesystem:

To Verify what will be restored:

--> dsmc query backup -inactive -dateformat=1 -fromdate=09/21/2003 -todate=09/21/2003 -virtualnodename="Node(A)" "/Full/Directory/"

To Restore Inactive for date 09/21/2003:

--> dsmc restore -inactive -dateformat=1 -fromdate=09/21/2003 -todate=09/21/2003 -virtualnodename="Node(A)" "/Full/Directory/"

Respectfully,

Ron Hurley

Back