1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Audit Procedure of missing tapes TSM Vs Offsite

Discussion in 'BCP / DRP' started by LarryB, Jul 20, 2009.

1. LarryB

LarryB New Member

Hi all,

I am looking at writing a script to audit or reconcile tapes offsite at the vault with what the TSM server knows about. Everything would be based at a specific time, e.g. 10pm

If I collect tape information for the TSM server such as
    q drmedia
    q volhist
    q vol
    tapes in transit (to/from)

and compare this with a list of tapes held by offsite company. Is this good enough to locate the “orphans” (tapes lost from the TSM server)?

Or better are there any scripts or links that document this?

Question: Is q drmedia a sublist of q vol ? (does q vol have the same tapes as produced by dr media?)

3. AjithS

AjithS New Member

TSM Consultant
  4. picay

picay New Member

select distinct volume_name from volhistory where devclass='YOURDEVCLASS' and volume_name not in (select volume_name from libvolumes where library_name='YOURLIBRARY') and volume_name not in (select volume_name from drmedia) and volume_name not in (select volume_name from volumes where devclass_name='YOURDEVCLASS') order by volume_name

5. Castaway

Castaway New Member

TSM Admin
    PICAY, this script worked very well for my 3494 library - thanks!