Any TSM Reporting Tool to check the Health of 50 TSM Servers at the same time.

rohitrohitgeorge

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi All ,

First of all I would like to thank the creator of this wonderful forum. It has been helping me a lot .

I have a doubt.
The client which I am working has around 50+ TSM Servers.
We do a Health Check of all the TSM Servers by manulaly logging into each TSM Servers and finding out the
DB%
Log%
STGPool > 80%
Number of processes running

We do this every 4 hours and manually logging into each server is taking a lot of time.
Is there any tool in the market that will help to automate this and make my life easier ??

Eagerly waiting for someones reply.
I need to submit the proposal if there is any tool in the market..

Is it possible to define a server to server communication (for defining a servergroup) between all servers?

Hi All ,

First of all I would like to thank the creator of this wonderful forum. It has been helping me a lot .

I have a doubt.
The client which I am working has around 50+ TSM Servers.
We do a Health Check of all the TSM Servers by manulaly logging into each TSM Servers and finding out the
DB%
Log%
STGPool > 80%
Number of processes running

We do this every 4 hours and manually logging into each server is taking a lot of time.
Is there any tool in the market that will help to automate this and make my life easier ??

Eagerly waiting for someones reply.
I need to submit the proposal if there is any tool in the market..

I would just write a script that would query each TSM server every 4 hours. The script would be on a TSM client that uses a user ID defined on each TSM server with Operator privilege.

Last edited:
Hi moon-buddy ,

Scripting is possible. But I want to know if there is any tool .
I need to know all the possibilities when I give the proposal.

Check the new Extended TSM Script Language of the "Power Administrator for TSM V4.2" (www.tsmpoweradmin.com), which give you the possibility to define TSM server scripts (e.g. for health checking), which run simultaneously on an arbitrary number of TSM servers. There are a lot of further possibilities available with this new Extended TSM Script Language: Define a graphical input mask for input of user parameter, the output of graphical tables, the definition of right-mouse-button-menus for output tables, the definition of Switch User ACL´s etc.
I believe these new features could support you in defining TSM scripts for health checks. The new Extended Script Language is also available in the freeware version of the PA.

Another possibility in the PA software are automatically running regular health checks, which are freely configurable. Alarms of the health checks will be posted in the "Central Message Console" of the PA.

Regards, Ralf

If you looking for tool you can give a try with tsmmanager tool (licensed one), which is worth to buy in generating reports the ways we expect.

Daily reports can be generated using Admin center tool by installing it on a windows server and schedule report generation !!!!

tsmmanager will also help you in managing the 50+ servers in a single console by defining collectors without logging into servers everytime..

Try any of the above,

all the best !!!!

Hi

Have you looked at www.Predatar.com, I am currently working with a customer in the states with same size of server estate as you. Please contact me directly should you have questions.

Rachael

Back