"ans7421w" in V5.5.0.3

pstacy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am getting this error code on two servers that are both used for Symantec Enterprise Vault. We are using Windows Server 2003 and TSM 5.5.0.3.

On both clients the following appears in "dsmerror.log":
ANS7421W The archive attribute for file \\ccsevda\c$\windows\repair\Backup\BootableSystemState\Registry\default (or SAM/SECURITY/software/system) cannot be reset. The return code from windows API function SetFileAttributes() is 3.

I was looking around and see references in past versions and that 5.3 was supposed to fix it.

I wondered if anyone has thoughts on this?

This error shouldn't affect backups, but having an error continually appearing is a pita! TSM on these servers were installed and run under an administrator account? (Oper or Backup account just won't do.) Did you previously have a version of pre-5.3 installed? It could be that the 5.5 did not upgrade properly. IBM will probably tell you to completely uninstall it (i.e. get rid of everything) then re-install it, so I would do that before calling the help desk.

It had been installed under our top-level domain admin account and the services run as "Local System".

It started out as version 5.3.4 (what our entire operation started with) and was upgraded to 5.5 when we upgraded Tivoli about a month after Vault was set up.

I can try wiping TSM out and reloading if it might make a difference. I'm only seeing this on our two servers that comprise Vault and they were both set up at the same time. To my knowledge there was nothing unusual about their setup process (I wasn't involved in it).

The backup does still run but the daily summary says "Warning" and I wasn't sure if this meant that the backup of the registry is not actually working properly.

Bug fixed back in 5.3.3.0 client says this is a due to a path exceeding 259 characters. Search IC48653 on IBM site.

Back