ans5023

F_K_A

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi, I am running TSM Server and Client verison 5.2 on an AIX 5.2 Server. When I try to retrieve huge ammount of files via GUI or Web Client, I get an error message " ANS5023 not enough memory ...". Then I have to retrieve files partially. There's no problem when I retrieve via Coomand Line.

Is this a bug ? Has anyone encountered this problem ?

Best regards

My experience is with 5.1.7, I expect 5.2 to be the same in this case.

We found that the GUI uses a great deal more RAM than the command line. We think the reason is with a the GUI retrieves information on all of the objects before starting the restore. On a server with 1 million+ files we shutdown all services that were not absolutely needed and the restore ran. We are able to get Win2k down to 9 running services. Before it would fail either before data started moving or shortly after. We think the pre-load of object information is used to mount multiple tapes.

I suspect the RAM usage of the GUI to be common on all platforms.

The command line seems to behave differently, we have only seen the command line load one tape, but this may be incorrect because we use the GUI 99% of the time.

This information is from experience, so it may vary from the manual and your mileage may vary.

Andy

Back