ANS2613S error while viewing client preferences - TSM 5.3.0 client

brecht

Newcomer
Reaction score
I installed the TSM v5.3.0 Linux client on a machine with Debian sarge on it. After installation of Sun's JRE 1.5.0_05 I tried the Java client (dsmj). It starts just fine, but when I try to access the "Client Preferences", I get the following error:

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Code:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><PRE>ANS2613S A protocol error occurred in communications between the browser and the client</PRE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

When I click the OK button, I immediatly get the same error again. killing dsmj seems to be the only way to get out of the client.

Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong or even better how to get rid of the error?

I'm having the same issue but with Mac OS 10.4.x and TSM Mac Backup Client v5.4.1. I can start the backup client GUI, and perform backups and restores, but when I try to access the Preference Editor, it gives me the same error mentioned above. After clicking OK it returns me back to the main GUI interface.

Is there a fix for this? Is there a work around so I can at least store the password so it does not prompt the user each time they start TSM client?

The Preference Editor from the GUI still doesn't work so I had to manually configure the client. IBM support said hopefully they will fix the issue in the next update.

Back