• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

ANS1592E SSL Connection Error

booman55

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
I've got this error in the past and documented fixes aren't working. I've got a SP 8.1.4 on RHEL x86 installed and I just installed the OC on Windows server and upgraded the B\A client on TSM server to 8.1.4

I'm getting SSL errors on both when trying to login. On TSM server when trying to do dsmadmc I get ANS1592E SSL error. I moved the cert file in TSM home and restarted instance and also ran the gsk8capicmd set default command for SHA key file and restarted instance again and still not able to login to dsmadmc console.

Any ideas???

Trident

TSM noob with 10 years expirience
ADSM.ORG Moderator
Hi,

Just a longshot. But when you look at the traceouput from the client.

dsmc -traceflags=service -tracefile=output.txt

This should give you a clue what is not working properly.

SSL has a long list of potential errors.

Please supply dsm.sys and dsm.opt to start with.

christertsm

ADSM.ORG Member
I've got this error in the past and documented fixes aren't working. I've got a SP 8.1.4 on RHEL x86 installed and I just installed the OC on Windows server and upgraded the B\A client on TSM server to 8.1.4

I'm getting SSL errors on both when trying to login. On TSM server when trying to do dsmadmc I get ANS1592E SSL error. I moved the cert file in TSM home and restarted instance and also ran the gsk8capicmd set default command for SHA key file and restarted instance again and still not able to login to dsmadmc console.

Any ideas???

booman55

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
I'm trying to login with dsmadmc, not dsmc. In order to update session security I would have to halt the instance and run it foreground.

booman55

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Solved: sort of :) For whatever reason, the admin ID I was using to login didn't exist. I started the server in the foreground to see if I could see more descriptive error messages and to query admin ID and it didn't exist. I could have sworn I created it previously but I may have whacked it during re-install. I'm going to mark this down as fluke.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 10.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocaflqu