Reaction score
Hello to all and Happy New Year!

Have an issue with ANS1030E:

Have a windows 2003 R2 std 4G mem
3 volumes on server all local
C: 40G -10 being used
E: 30G - 20 being used
F: 1.86T - 1.5 being used

I have read many of posts on the fix for the ANS1030E error "Adding (memoryefficientbackup yes) to the DSM.opt file. Additionally, I have also read to use disk caching in the DSM.opt file (did not add this). Odd thing, the backup runs with no issue from the GUI..
4 questions:

#1 - I have added the memoryefficientbackup yes to the dsm.opt file, but the backup seems to run dramatically slower but completes.. Does this sound correct? I did read that the backup would be slower, but by how much? If yes for a large decrease in performance, is there something else that I should be doing to help with the speed?

#2 - We are using client ver 5.5.1. Will a newer client ver of TSM work better? We haev Ver 6.1 and 6.2.

#3 - When a backup runs from TSM on a server volume, does the backup check every file, to queryfor an archive flag, or does it not querey every file and only looks for the archive flag from the index?

#4 - I am trying to find out exactly where file the backup session is current at -(i.e) Is it backing up C:\windows\system32\test.bat - Or is it currenly on F:\test.doc, how do I find this out? The simple q sess number f=d does not show it at all, there are no log files that I can find to tell me..

Thanks for the help..

Thanks,

Back