ANS0237E (RC2033) On dsmInit, the node is not allowed when PASSWORDACCESS=generate

hbay638

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Here is my Opt file....When I try to do a manual backup via the gui I get the above error. This is a Windows 2003 server with Exchange cluster running TDP for Exchange version5.2.1.0. I do not know TSM I am an Exchange admin so any help would be appreciated....:confused:

NODENAME MAILBE-LA12-EX
Clusternode Yes
PASSWORDAccess generate
DOMAIN C:
DOMAIN SYSTEMSERVICES
DOMAIN SYSTEMSTATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS 10.0.2.56
TCPCLIENTPORT 1504

ANS0237E On dsmInit, the node is not allowed when PASSWORDACCESS=generate.

Explanation: PASSWORDACCESS=generate establishes a session with the current hostname as the node.

System Action: The system returns to the calling procedure.

User Response: When using PASSWORDACCESS=generate, set clientNodeP to NULL.

I am guessing the name you are using in the dsm.opt is not the same as the host name, try tweaking the nodename in the dsm.opt file to match the host name.

Thanks for the suggestion....but since this is a cluster environment I have the node set to the virtual Exchange Server node configured on the TSM server if I change the node name I will need to have the TSM admin create a different Node on the backend. I saw the post that you added to your note but I have no idea where to try and set clientnodeP = null.....

Thanks

is this opt file for the OS level backup or the Cluster backup? If its the os level backup - take out clusternode = yes and change the node name in the opt file to that of the host.

That is how I have it configured in my environment

These are the machines that house the clusters
Node1 does OS level backup has its own dsm.opt
Cluster_A makes up part of the cluster, has its own dsm.opt
Node2 does OS level backup has its own dsm.opt
Cluster_B makes up part of the cluster, has its own dsm.opt

That all makes up the Virtual Node which also has its own dsm.opt on each side of the cluster for failover purposes

Last edited:
This is the cluster node.....backup of Exchange databases. I am going to open a call with Tivoli to see if they can help.
Thanks

how are you starting the gui for this backup? with the -optfile=optfilename Has it ever been connected with tsm and gone through authentication?

Solution

Hi all,
My first post here. :)

Had the same problem with the password, but solved it removing the /TSMNODE option from the command line

tdpexcc backup * full /EXCSERVer=x /TSMNODe=x /tsmoptfile=x.opt

the tsm node is already defined in the dsm.opt file, so we dont need to specify it in the command line.

The TDP for Exchange command (Clustered environment) to open the TDPEXC GUI should be like:

@echo off
set exc_dir="C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange"
cd /d %exc_dir%
tdpexc /tsmoptfile="q:\tsm\dsm.opt" /excserv=<name_of_Exchange_Cluster>

Last edited:
Back