ANR9613W Error loading /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense

stephrf

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi, this is a 6.2.2 instance which was working for about a month and decided to stop last week for backup clients:

Client side error: ANS5093S Slm_license_exceeded

Server side: ANR9613W Error loading /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense for Licensing function: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense. 0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not

==============================================================================

I have tried registering both basic and tsmee.lic:

register lic FILE=/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmee.lic
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANS8001I Return code 3.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 895 12 Jun 16:28 tsmbasic.lic
-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 890 12 Jun 16:09 tsmee.lic

=================================================================================

any help would be appreciated. thanks Rob

Hi, this is a 6.2.2 instance which was working for about a month and decided to stop last week for backup clients:

Client side error: ANS5093S Slm_license_exceeded

Server side: ANR9613W Error loading /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense for Licensing function: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense. 0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not

==============================================================================

I have tried registering both basic and tsmee.lic:

register lic FILE=/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmee.lic
ANS8001I Return code 3.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 895 12 Jun 16:28 tsmbasic.lic
-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 890 12 Jun 16:09 tsmee.lic

=================================================================================

any help would be appreciated. thanks Rob

Is this a Linux setup?

Was the TSM server installed from the CD/DVD and not from a downloaded file?

Last edited:
It looks like it doesn't see the dsmlicense file. Is it present? Is it readable by the TSM instance ID? Could it have been deleted somehow? When you installed TSM did you install 6.2.2 directly or did you upgrade from 6.2.0 so the license files would be present?

Hi Ed, Chad

the OS is AIX 5.3
The install was from this package "6.2.2.2-TIV-TSMALL-AIX.bin"

Thanks for pointing me at the dsmlicense file - it was in the wrong location for some reason. I have relocated it
and all is now ok. Mystifies me as to how it ever worked - but maybe it gives you 30 days before it complains.

thanks Rob

Hi, I have done fresh Installation of TSM 6.3 server on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit. Installed Client TSM 6.3 on Windows 7 PC where I need to take backup. On taking backup there is error prompting
ANS5093S: SLM_LICENSE_EXCEEDED and it is not allowing to take backup.

Installed TSM Client 6.3 on local Windows 2008 Server where TSM Server has been installed, but the result is same.

Please anyone guide me.

Regards
P.Subhash

Same answer like moon-buddy before.
Do you have installed from CD/DVD or from download file?

I had installed from download fille of IBM Passport account. Please guide me , what all I have to check

Last edited:
I also tried registering the license file but it is not getting register. The server is windows 2008 64bit

TSMSVR01_SERVER1>register license file=tsmbasic.lic
ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

tsm: TSMSVR01_SERVER1>register license file=*.lic
ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

Please guide

while you start the installation , can you choice Licenzserver to install? and do you have install it.?
i don't know about the download file, how mutch is include. i have allways use the DVD set . But i think the Base 6.3.0 Version are komplette

Thanks a lot. It worked with installing License Manager, I didn't choose during start of installation. Now after installing License Manager and registered the licenses from TSM ADMIN with command register license file=*.lic
This worked and I could take backup.

Back