ANR8418E I/O error

cmerrell

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
New SWF TSM admin seeks advice, possibly companionship :)

having problems with 3583 library, windows 2003 server, TSM 5.4.3.0

windows was not recognizing the medium changer in device manager
followed procedure in following doc and was able to resolve that issue
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=swg21218357

have updated drivers for library/drives. device manager recognizes medium changer (3583) and drives (3580-TD3) both with IBM drivers

ntutil 88-list reg devices finds changer and drives
ntutil 50-poll registered devices finds all devices, changer0 is ready, drives tape0 and tape1 not ready

deleted tape paths and re-creating them throws off the following errors

ANR8840E Unable to open device LB1.1.0.9 with file handle 2.
ANR8418E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing library 3583. (SESSION: 249)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated since at the moment, I can't access my library

When the drivers switch like that, you'll get entirely new paths for both the library and the drives. Destroy and recreate (or just update the device= part) of all the paths to point to the new devices that use the IBM drivers.

-Aaron

Aaron, thank you.

I just wanted to throw in some additional information for those who run into the same problem. I was trying to define the paths with the lb1.0.0.9 label that it was using previously. After I read your post, I went and opened the TSM Console. server name>TSM
Device Driver>Reports>Device Information and looked for the library in the pane on the right. It's new label was lb1.0.0.7. I was able to successfully define new paths using that label. I'm such a noob!

Thanks again for your reply.

Back