Anr6918w

PaulWiley

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
ISSUE:
=============================
2010-09-10 16:17 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL not found. (SESSION: 24413, PROCESS: 158
2010-09-10 16:17 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.OFFSITE not found. (SESSION: 24413, PROCESS: 158
2010-09-10 16:17 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.INSTALL not found. (SESSION: 24413, PROCESS: 158
2010-09-10 16:17 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.DATABASE not found. (SESSION: 24413, PROCESS: 158
2010-09-10 16:17 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.STGPOOL not found. (SESSION: 24413, PROCESS: 158

INFO:
tsm: TSM>query drmstatus
Recovery Plan Prefix: /tsmlog/tsm
Plan Instructions Prefix:
Replacement Volume Postfix: @
Primary Storage Pools:
Copy Storage Pools:
Not Mountable Location Name: NOTMOUNTABLE
Courier Name: COURIER
Vault Site Name: VAULT
DB Backup Series Expiration Days: 8 Day(s)
Recovery Plan File Expiration Days: 10 Day(s)
Check Label?: No
Process FILE Device Type?: No
Command File Name:

I run a PREPARE each day mail the output off site. The DRM PREPARE e-mail looks good.
QUESTION:
Do I need to worry about these errors?
How can I prevent these errors?

Thanks for the quick reply. Hummm.... I read the link, but not sure if that answered my question.

Firstly: I listed the 'q drmstatus' because I am not even sure if I am using DRM. Based on other threads I read, that determined how to handle the error.

Second: I know the files don't exist, and not sure if they ever did. I am using Unix, so I am not having the same issue as the thread you sent me since I am not hiding extension of well know files to the O/S as the issue with the Windows user. The files are not anywhere on the O/S. I guess I can 'touch' them to create dummy files so they exists, but was really hoping to get an answer if they are needed instead of hacking around with creating the files only to make things worse.

It looks like TSM is attempting to use DRM. Do you manually track the tapes you send offsite or do you let TSM manage it? If the first then you may not be using drm, if the latter then you are using DRM. Also, if you are using the Extended Edition, then you might as well use DRM.

I would touch those files just as you described. Run prepare again, check for errors and for fun look at the files.

TSM manages it. We are also using Extended Edition. I will touch the files and see what happens. Thx for clairification.

Back