ANR2716e schedule prompter was not able to contact client using type1 x.x.x.x 1501

gardenia

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to configure automated schedule. I configured as per procedure but my backup scheudling is not running b'coz of the below error

ANR2716e schedule prompter was not able to contact client using type1 x.x.x.x 1501

ANR8213w sessio open with X.X.X.X timed out

I checked for solution in all possible ways But the problem remains the same

* Checked dsm.opt which carries correct Ip address of the server and client
* Checked with ping command on widows where the communication is happening between client and server
* Checked the tsm services - it also in the "started" status

Can any one suggest me some alternative solution.???

Is it trying to connect on the right port? On the tsm server, telnet to port 1501 on the clients IP address. Are there firewalls in between or on the client etc? When you say you checked the tsm services, which ones, you mean the dsmcad?

Is it trying to connect on the right port? On the tsm server, telnet to port 1501 on the clients IP address. Are there firewalls in between or on the client etc? When you say you checked the tsm services, which ones, you mean the dsmcad?

Hi,

Both client and server are running on Windows server 2003 and there are no firewall is been set in the environment.

I created tsmscheduler service from the TSM backup archive gui. The service has been created and whn get in to "services.msc" , I find the service is been started.

hello Gardenia,

You used for schedmod polling or prompted ?

I find this for your test :

If the Schedmode is Polling, there will not be a latent 1501 port
open; if Prompted, there will be a 1501 port listening. This can be
verified with the lsof command. At a minimum, use the ps command to
verify that the scheduler is running - and whether you are using
that, and not dsmcad. You can also use the telnet command, as
illustrated in ADSM QuickFacts, to verify the ability to connect. If
you can't, then a firewall may be preventing it. (You are using a
private, non-routed subnet there, which always tends to suggests
restrictions.) Also see the QuickFacts - and, authoritatively, the
TSM Problem Determination Guide - in pursuing scheduler problems.
Make sure no Restartable Restore is pending, which will block other
activities.

HI,

the link which you hve provided, where i've tried all the options specified in the link.

Via polling method the backup is been happening.

I suggest you uninstall the schedule and again in the command line, it is possible that the GUI does not work very well. For example the GUI tsm client 6.1.2 for windows 7 does not work, but the command line it works.

Hi,

So many times I removed and recreated the scheduler service too. But Still the problem remains too.

Note:While creating the scheduler service, I didn't select the dsmcad checkbox in the service creating window resides in Backup Archive GUI.

Later I tried selecting the dsmcad checkbox too. But at the end of finishing the scheduler service setup, Its prompting for error.

It's a server or client ? When you have recreated the schdeule , before do you have reboot your client or server ? Because with windows, often you do reboot the machine for take the change (excuse-me for my english, I'm french).

Im trying to test for the scheduler under prompted mode. The scheduler service is unable to start by TSM Server with the below error

ANR8213w sessio open with X.X.X.X timed out

I rebooted the TSM Server and tape drive too so many times...

Hi,

When I test the Telnet, It shows output as

"Unable to open port 1500,1501,1502"

Hi Gardenia,

The problem come from your Windows server, it should open the ports (which says a college admin windows). Research in this direction.

Back