ANR2152E REMOVE NODE: Inventory references still exist for node

ntenz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi again,

I get this error when i try to delete a client: ANR2152E REMOVE NODE: Inventory references still exist for node SSLSRV02

I did delete the filespace and backupset - and double checked a few times.

Found this in another topic

1. Using command line admin client, issue following command:

dsmadmc> q filespace nodename

Where 'nodename' is the node that you want to delete. The output will show you filespaces that belongs to this node. If the output says 'no match found' this means there are no filespaces for this node

2. Assuming that in step 1 it showed you filespaces, you will delete the using the delete filesp command

dsmadmc> delete filesp nodename *

Where nodename is the name of the node whose filespace you want to delete. IF you want you can use '*' to delete all filespaces or specifiy the filespace that you want to delete. The names of the filespaces can be seen by the output of step 1.

Note: filespace name is case sensitive

3. To find if there is any backupset for this node, run

dsmamdc> q backupset

IF you get something in the outpout, you need to delete the backupset using the delete backupset command.

dsmadmc> delete backupset nodename backupsetname

But it does not work

Last edited:
hi,
have you tried "expire inventory" on the server ?

cheers
max

hi,

no risk, you'll delete expired info from tsm db

cheers
max

Are there any risks involved using the command?

No risk in running it if you're set up right. The fact that you haven't run it before, however, reveals that your system is not well-configured nor well-managed. If you've not got proper retention policies set up, just leaving everything in there by not expiring, then it's entirely possible that running expiration may wipe out huge amounts of data that you are expecting to be able to restore. The default retention is vere=2,verd=1,rete=30,reto=60.

So, let's take a common usage and expectation, and what will happen if you're at defaults and run expiration:
You back up a client every night. A file is changed every day. The user requests the version from 7 days ago.
In this case, if you're mismanaging your system, the desired version of the file will be available even though it is 5 versions past where it should be removed, and the user gets his data.
Now, take this mismanaged system and expire inventory on it, and the desired file goes away, as it should.

Before you expire for the first, make sure you know your current configuration as well as the retention requirements of the business.

Then, when you know your configuration is right, write a maintenance script, drive that script with an administrative schedule, and make expiration part of your daily operations, right after backups(stg,db,devc,volh) and before migration and reclamation.

Hi n9hmg,

First of all thanks for the time you used explaining how it works. Greatly appreciated. I investigated our configuration and it was configured to run every night. So this morning i was able to delete the nodes! Wuubiiiiii :p

Once again greatly appreciate the help guys.

Daniel

doesn't expire inventory run automatically every day?

edit: It does run when you start the server, so chances are you have already done expiration a few times :)

haha yes its great - what should I have done without helpful people :)

Back