"ANR1722E the path from source to destination taken offline "

gardenia

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I fires backup of BA client (AIX server server) to tape through SAN. The tape got mounted in the drive after then I'm receivng the error as
"ANR1722E the path from source to destination taken offline "

* I tried manually change the status of the tape to "On".
* I tried to update the path... But its of no use...Its stays for a while After then When ever I'm Firing the backup the path goes offline"

What could be the reason.Kindly suggest me a solution for this.........

The most often source for this problem is when the library element number does not match with the SCSI LUN written in the path defined. In that case, a cartridge is mounted in the element defined in "drive" but Storage Agent is waiting for the "Ready" on another LUN.

You have to match carrefully these two definitions.

Pierre

Last edited:
The most often source for this problem is when the library element number does not match with the SCSI LUN written in the path defined. In that case, a cartridge is mounted in the element defined in "drive" but Storage Agent is waiting for the "Ready" on another LUN.

You have to match carrefully these two definitions.

Pierre

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.....

With the same tape library... I could able to take backup of another TSM client directly to tape through SAN.

Hi,

The problem gets solved now.

I actually mistakenly entered wrong values for the device option while defining the path from SAN agent to tape library......

I deleted the path...and re-defined the path with correct values...

Now backup is happening to tape directly thro SAN...

thx for the reply..........

Back