ANR0299I - Full DB Backup running every 10 minutes

RobertP

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Guys,

I really hope you will help me with that one as I'm completely stucked.

Since yesterday, my TSM (v6.2 on Windows 2003) constantly runs Full DB backup to tape.

It starts with sending the messages below:
ANR0299I A full database backup will be started. The archive log space used is 82 % and the archive log space used threshold is 80 percent.
ANR4559I Backup DB is in progress.
ANR0984I Process 38 for Database Backup started in the BACKGROUND at 23:22:21.

It will use a new tape every time untli all tapes are used.
The ANR0299I message seems to be obvious, however my archive log folder has less than 50MB of files in it as it gets cleared after every backup.
eg. currently in C:\tsm\archlog\archmeth1\SERVER1\TSMDB1\NODE0000\C0000000 there is only one file S0000095.LOG with 12MB of data.
I've got 50GB of free space left on the C:\ drive.

Archlog failover is in E:\tsm\archlogfailover\failarch\SERVER1\TSMDB1\NODE0000\C0000000 but I noticed this folder is empty.

Please help.

Possible answer

Actually typing my question in, gave me a clue for possible answer.

I created a volume on the C:\drive yesterday which used quite a lot of space.
I still have 50GB free but it looks like this is not enough.

I will remove this volume but could you give me any advise how can it be causing issues when there is so much free space?

What Euclid said.

TSM monitors actual FS usage, not how much of it is used by logs. So as soon as the filesystem usage on the FS where you keep archive logs gets filled beyond 80% then a full DB backup is issued automatically.

Here's a hack:

If you want to disable this immediately while you go about freeing up space while the server is running, set the DBRECOVERY to a FILE device class and then remove write permissions for the TSM user. This will make the automatic backups fail until you free up enough space for your archive logs.

Back