All tapes history status

RLaurentiu89

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

we have changed the slots of 2 drives between them in the tape library, re-did the paths and drives in tsm and I think since then the tapes are marked as history and 0 tapes are available in the library manager spoke, the spoke which uses the drives has some in the stgp.

q libv library shows nothing

audit does nothing, I tried audit wirh barcode and with yes. It finishes instantly with success.

Thanks...

If I move a tape to the I/O station, I can check it in as scratch. But since I can do this only one tape at a time it would take much too long, there are over 150...

Audit library will not check anything into the library.

If we have 150 scratch tapes and they have been label via the label libv.
Load the library with all the scratch tapes.
Issue: checkin libv library_name search=yes status=scratch
Once the process complete, and we have some tapes that are not checked into the library.
More than likely the tape contain valid data.
Issue: checkin libv library_name search=yes status=private

NOTE: Scratch tapes can be checked into the library as scratch or private.
Private tapes can only be checked into the library was private since the tape contain valid data.
If the scratch tape(s) status change from scratch to private and there are no data on the media.
More than likely we did not issue the "label libv" command to label the new scratch tape for the SP Server to use. Check out the tape, load the bulk I/O area, then issue: label libv library_name search=bulk checkin=scratch overwrite=yes waittime=0
By overwriting a volume label, you destroy all data on the volume.
There is no "undo" command!

Good Luck,
Sias

Back