AIX TSM client restore syntax

tsmhelum

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a aix tsm client restore question. If someone needed to restore two folders
from one AIX client to another. What would be the correct syntax? with a backup
date of 2/25.

To be restored here>>> cosmosteo70//psiebtext2/filesystems

The 2 folders to be restored are:

ilatt

usrprex

Point n time backup date of 2/25

TSM 5.3
AIX TSM client 5.4.0

Thanks in advance!

I think this might be of help......

For example, to restore files to one of your own file systems that were backed up from a workstation named Node1 and owned by a user named Ann, enter: dsmc restore -fromn=node1 -fromo=ann "/home/proj/*" /home/gillis/

You can start point-in-time restore from the command-line client using the pitdate and pittime options with the query backup and restore commands. For example, when you use the pitdate and pittime options with the query backup command, you establish the point-in-time for which file information is returned. When you use pitdate and pittime with the restore command, the date and time values you specify establish the point-in-time for which files are returned. If you specify pitdate without a pittime value, pittime defaults to 23:59:59. If you specify pittime without a pitdate value, it is ignored.

Examples Command line: dsmc restore "/fs1/*" -sub=y -pitdate=08/01/2003 -pittime=06:00:00

From the TSM Unix/Linux guide

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.itsmfdt.doc/ans50000.pdf

Thanks again cwilloug!

I think we are going to try using the virtualnode name option in the dsm.opt file.

question - Is there a way to do this type restore from the GUI? I read a post about
"Setting Access" I believe I would have to do this also correct?

Hi folks,

I am having issues with this process. Using the exact syntax given below, I see a connection occur between the node and the server, and the restore function is invoked however it results in the following error regardless of how I identify the target object:

ANS1302E No objects on server match query

Note I have used the query backup command to ensure the target is available for restore on the server. Also, if I remove the destination target, it seems to perform the restore though I do not know where it restores the file to (whether it replaces the file or restores it to the current directory on the local machine; I will test this and confirm). This would lead me to believe the dsmc restore command is interpreting the destination as a second target to be restored.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Kind regards,
A

In addition to my previous post, if I use the filespace as defined by the volume (i.e. "e:" or "/") it works however this is not an ideal restore scenario.

Is there a way to define a filespace in TSM, for example define a filespace named "C:\restore" for node windows1?

Thanks in advance,
A

Back