1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

AIX BMR Solution

Discussion in 'Symantec NetBackup' started by jonathan274, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jonathan274

jonathan274 New Member

I am a long time TSM Aadministrator and not too familiar with other backup products. Per my managements request I am looking for a non TSM AIX BMR solution that would be capable of backing up the data to a disk storage pool & a tape library. Is Netbackup a good product for this? It was also requested that it be an open source product if possible but I didn't get many suitable hits in my preliminary search. Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Why use another product when the MKSYS B method works great!

Stick to MYSYS B and you will never go wrong.

4. jonathan274

jonathan274 New Member

Yeah - after some discussion with my other sys admins it looks like the likely scenario will be mksys b to DASD mirrored to our remote site with a versioning reduction. My main goal here was getting it out of the TSM storage hierarchy. Thanks for replying.