admin pw and the drm

stamfordbrad

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
guys and gals

If my admin pw was locked out when my dr plan ran would that cause a problem when it comes to running the dr plan on the dr server? and will the admin pw be locked out once restored?

Cheers

Brad

Locked - not-locked is kept within the database. When the database was restored, it restored the locked admin account.

-Aaron

cheers Aaron,

When i ran the planfile it created all my db vols but then bombed out on the next part(restoring volhist) with a pw error! Do i need to edit a pw in the drplan anywhere?? bloody thing !

Cheers mate

Brad,

Rather than running the planfile, expand it out to it's components with awk and print out each section. Then manually run each command. This way you can monitor exactly what is going on and respond accordingly.

- Make sure your shell environment variables are correctly set.

- Make sure you are in the correct directory or your shell PATH is correct.

You should be able to manually create the DB and LOG vols, format both, define a tape drive and then restore the DB to the volumes you just created Once the DB has been restored, mark the copy pool tapes readonly and the primary pool tapes destroyed and start restoring your clients.

- dsmfmt -g -db /tsm/dbvol1 16

- repeat until youu have created a large enough DB

- dsmfmt -g -log /tsm/logvol 1

- Only create one log file for now

- Create a file name db.list containing the full pathname of each db file

- dsmserv format logfile dbfiles (with appropriate logfile and dbfile parameters)

- find the volume ID of the DBbackup you want to restore from - look in the volhist file.

- put this tape in the manual tape drive you have previously defined

- dsmserv restore db devclass=xx vol=xxx commit=yes

- after the DB has been restored start TSM and keep the console open

- dsmserv

- Put in a tape that can be used for scratch and tell the server about it. It will want to do a DB backup immediately after you start it. I forget if there is a way to stop this annoying message from occuring without actually doing a backup.

- update volume * access=readonly wherestgpool=copy_pool

- update volume * access=destroyed wherestgpool=primary_pool

Start restoring clients.

cheers,

Neil

Back