Add client impossible

nicnictout

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
[SOLVED]Add client impossible

Hello,

i'm facing a stange issue, i've just finished to install TSM, ISC and the AC, all install perfectly.

Now when i want to add a new client, i go to the domain rules, i select my server, then my domain, here it is STANDARD, but when the properties panels of STANDARD open it's empty, i can't do any action, and so i can't add new client.

Someone can help me? :)

Thx

Last edited:
I am assuming that the domain's name is STANDARD, right?

Has the domain been defined properly? Have you defined a management class for this domain?

I noticed you used "Domain rules". You don't define clients in Domain rules, rather clients are defined in Policy Domains that has management classes, clients and client schedules.

Last edited:
Yes my domain is STANDARD, that is created by default.

I don't know if domain was defined properly, in fact i follow the guideline that is provided with the ISC, and when i add my server connection, no wizard appeared in order to configure it, i supposed that it was created STANDARD automatically and no actions was necessary.

I'll look for where i can configure a manager class in the ISC.

Inded, i noticed that when i tried to modify a a pool storage, unity class etc etc all the properties panels are empty.

If i clic on the archivepool for example, the property box is empty, and it's the same for all pools, for the disk which is defined as the media for backup.

I'm wonder if i'm in the right console to manage my server...

versions:
TSM 5.3.3
ISC 6.0.1
AC 5.3.3

Last edited:
Did you add your TSM server to the ISC, once you install it (ISC), you need to tell ISC where and how to log into the TSM server.

Hi,

thx for yours aswers.

Yes i correctly log in the ISC, i was able to add a server, but property panel is empty like shows in capture:

If i try to add a storage unity, no wizard appears to help to configure it.

I working on a vmware and for the moment, and i would like add the server as a client too, but i not able to add any client...

Is the ISC on a separate server or part of the TSM server? Where are you accessing the ISC server from - within the ISC or through a browser outside of the ISC?

You said you are working on a VMWare guest node. Are your IP addresses translated or bridged properly?

ISC, server and client are all installed on the same computer.

I tried to connect to the ISC in localhost and from my own computer, the results are same.

I haven't got any issue with my interface, it is well configured, i reached the network, the DNS and Internet.

I wonder if it could be a version problem:

Integrated Solutions Console 6.0.1
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager - Centre d'administration 5.3.3.0

I download the ISC 5.3.2, but apparently i make an upgrade at the install i didn't ask.

I will look in the logfiles if it's not a licence that make trouble.

Hi
ISC 6.0.1.1 and Admin Center 5.4 are backward-compatible with the 5.3 TSM server.
So you can upgrade to more stable version 6.0.1.1.
Don't forget add to hosts these lines:
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 your.server.name
Fresh install is preferred upgrade method.

Also check your Desktop Java. It must be v. 1.4.1 and use IE instead of Firefox.

Efim

Last edited:
i was pretty sure that it was a conflict version that occurs...

Well i need to uninstall my ISC component so. I've read that it necessary to uninstall all TSM server for remove one of the component, it is true?

My TSm version is 5.5, my AC in 5.3 will be compatible with my TSM? Where can i find a matrix compatibility?

THX a lot for all yours answers, i think we have found the issue ^^

I tried to download an oldest ISC version, but no matter wich version i took, it still want to install a version 6.0.1, even if i dl a 5.3.0 !!

Someone knows where i can found a REAL ISC version 5 please, because we can't install TSM 6 on our server.

TY

Back