Adaptive subfile backup for Notes Domino files

Sunhillow

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi
for our bigger Domino installations we use TDP for Domino, but there are also 4 smaller ones where just the x:\Mail directory is being backed up.

This works OK because there is not much traffic on these servers. The .nsf files are sized from 100MB to 1.8GB, so I tried to activate adaptive subfile backup to reduce occupancy. After the second backup run, the logfile still states:
Code:
01/20/2009 01:30:16 Subfile objects reduced by: 0%

For the first and second run, in dsm.opt there was no statement "include.subfile", but if I understand correctly, "subfilebackup yes" would make any file eligible for subfile processing.
Before starting the third backup an include.subfile was added, but still without success.

Query Status on the TSM server (version 5.3..6.2) shows "Subfile backup: Client"

Does any of you see what I do wrong here?

Thanks a lot :)

Edit:
"Total number of subfile objects" is zero :(

Last edited:
Thank you toxy13! An interesting find.

Maybe I should add that the server I want to backup with this method has no local TSM client installed, so the mail DB files are processed via UNC path. But neither TSM Client Users' Guide nor this symposium document show reasons to forbid this aside from being ineficcient network-wise

Back