6.2.1.0 ignoring dsm.opt?

dms19

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So recently we did an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.2 client on w2k3 clients. What we've noticed was first the app is a nightmare. Second, the set up wizard seems to ignore a predefined dsm.opt file with paths for logs, nodenames, managed services etc?

We also noticed the client is defaulting to client side compression which is not something we want to do.

Has anyone else has issues like this? I'm thinking about turning back the clock on these for the time being.

I've done a stack of upgrades recently from 5.4/5.5 to 6.2.1.1 BA Client on Win 2003 and I haven't had any issues at all.

Try the following command (replace "TSM Client Scheduler" with the name of your TSM service).

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmcutil query /name:"TSM Client Scheduler"

Should produce output similiar to this:

Service Configuration/Status:

Service Name : TSM Client Scheduler
Image Path : "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcsvc.exe"
Logon Account : LocalSystem
Start Type : Demand
Current Status : Stopped

TSM Client Service Registry Settings:

Client Service Type = Client Scheduler Service
Options file = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt
Event Logging = NO

Comm Protocol = (value not currently set)
Server = (value not currently set)
Server Port = (value not currently set)
Schedule Log = c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log
Error Log = c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmerror.log
Cluster Enabled = (value not currently set)
Cluster Name = (value not currently set)

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmcutil query /name:"TSM Client Scheduler

right the dsmutil command was how I found it it wasnt using the OPT file. Comm Server and port as well as sched and error log all have values different from the dsm.opt file. And a dsmcutil update to set the values doesn't hold them?? I can start and restart everything, run another dsmcutil and its exactly the way it was before being updated?

Hi Sorry for the dealy.
dsmcutil update /name:"SM Client Scheduler " /optfile:my_own.opt

Should do the trick not just restarting the service :)

/Good Luck

I've tried everything. For whatever reason 6.x will not read anything in the opt file (as the default dsm.opt file name or anything else we've tried naming it).

I've got a PMR out on this. I guess its not the 1st time they've seen something of this nature.

Back