5.4.0.4 client - error after upgrading

brianl-cdn

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I upgraded a Windows 2003 server from TSM Client 5.3.4 to 5.4.0.4, and notice two things.

I ran the wizard to update the client scheduler, and at the very end when it starts the service, this error pops up:
"Error 8 establishing TSM API session
The client message repository is corrupt or invalid"
But, the scheduler starts right after that.

Also, after I started the TSM backup/archive client, this error was in dsmerror.log:

"04/30/2007 11:57:21 ANS1009W An error occurred processing the operating system include/exclude statements.
The error was detected while processing: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToBackup\DRM. RC = 13.
04/30/2007 11:57:21 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
TSM function name : new_ImageObject
TSM function : image plugin could not be initialized
TSM return code : 612
TSM file : image.cpp (1063)
04/30/2007 11:57:23 GetDfsEnum(): Server=\\demeter, NetDfsEnum() returns RC=1722."

These were not occuring before the client upgrade.

Last edited:
hi ,
how exactly did you upgrade the client ?
are you first remove the old one and then install the new one ?

about your error ANS1009W - follow this link:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21243837

Best Regards
No, just installed over the current one. I've done that for past client versions with no issues. I don't recall seeing a "repair or remove" option during install.

Thanks for the link, the ANS1009W error is fixed now.

Last edited:
I just realized that our TSM server is still at 5.2 (upgrading soon but not yet). So, could the "unexpected error" in my first post be the 5.4 client having an image plugin that the 5.2 server doesn't recognize?

Aside from that error if I open the client properties, the backups appeared to run ok. If IBM doesn't explicitly say the TSM 5.4 client will work with the TSM 5.2 server, are there any known issues affecting backups?

We have the same problem but we use a 5.4.1 server and 5.4.2 clients. Strange is that not all the clients have this problem.

Is your VSS service started correctly?? :rolleyes:

I had a similar issue and restarting this service resolved it..

VSS service?

We are getting this same error on windows 2000 server. We attempted to upgrade and it began to crash the server. Any thoughts...

Hi,

Stop the CAD Service at your Windows client machine and then upgarde the Client code. It should work. Just make sure that the Windows Client machine is not accessing the TSM client software means no Backup/Archive/dsmadmc session open on this machine.

or a quick fix, Stop the CAD service, replace the dscenu.txt file from your software code and start the CAD Service.

Back