5.2.1 Operational Reporting

Chris_W

Newcomer
Reaction score
An easy one I'm sure for someone out there, I'm on 5.2.1 and I'm trying to get the operational reporting going in the management console. As I understand it, it comes free with 5.2.2+ but is there anywhere I can download it for my version? :confused:

Hi,

Please use this link instead:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/server/v5r3/WIN/LATEST/

The TOR file is named TSMCON53XX_WIN.EXE where xx is the level information. The latest version will work with any supported TSM server version.

TsmreptTechPrevDriver7.exe is left over from the technology preview/beta which is unsupported. (I will get this file removed from the ftp site...) The TOR versions that ship with 5.2, 5.3 are supported.

You can tell if you have the technology preview version of TOR as at the bottom of each report the version information will indicate: Version 5, Release X, Level X.-7 (or similar) whereas the released versions will indicate 5.2 or 5.3 version information.

If you have been using the beta or technology preview version of

operational reporting and want to upgrade there is a migration tool available at the

following location.

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/techprev/tsmopreport/latest/

The migration package is named tsmmigrate.exe and there is a

readme_migrate.txt file there too that describes how to get started.

Regards,

Mike Collins

Upgrading Operational reporting

if you upgrade from V5.3.5 to V5.5.3 TSM Management Console will it keep your custom reports?

Back