4560 slx san attached library with TSM 5.2

RICCABARG

Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

I'm trying to install a 4560 slx library (with double HP Ultrium LTO tape drive) attached via SAN with TSM 5.2 on Windows Server 2003.

I see the library and the drives in Windows device manager and these are the results:

if I use the tsmscsi driver for changer and tape drives, the device installation wizard (in the TSM management cosole) correctly recognize the libarry and the type of the drives and I'm able to label the tapes, but when I try to do a backup (not lan free backup, but ordinary backup) I get the following errors:

ANR8311E an I/O error occurred while accessing drive MT1.0.0.2 for testready operation, errno=1

ANR8304E timeout error on drive MT1.0.0.2 in library lb1.1.0.2

If I use the windows device driver for the tape drives, the wizard install the automated drives as generic tape devices and the backup starts, but after a while I get the error:

ANR8311E an I/O error occurred while accessing drive MT1.0.0.2 for WRITE operation, errno=1117

ANR1411W access mode for volume ANV200L1 now set to read only due to write error

Do somebody have some hints regarding these question? Which is the correct driver to be used?

Thanks in advance,

Riccardo Barghini

Back