24 hour schedule charts

kfiresmith

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I googled my heart out, but can't find any 24 hour charts or anything else to help me plan out my backup windows. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks,
- Kodiak

P.S. Visio sucks at this...

Do you have any examples? I know this sounds like a simple thing, but for whatever reason, it's turning out to be harder than it looks to come up with something that looks polished enough for our intranet.
Thanks,
- Kodiak

Create the time scale along the Y-axis or columns and the nodes along the X-axis or rows.

You can get granular with the time scale: intervals of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.

The difficulty is in the initial setup. So, have a little patience.

Do you have any examples? I know this sounds like a simple thing, but for whatever reason, it's turning out to be harder than it looks to come up with something that looks polished enough for our intranet.
Thanks,
- Kodiak

I have a simple spreadsheet with first column in 15 minute intervals, then beside that the type of backup, then the days of the week, then the node, then etc etc. What makes it fairly easy to look at is the time is only listed once. Any nodes additional to that timeslot simply get another row without the time. Easy to read the time and look over to the right and see how many, and which, nodes are backing up at that time. Sorry if I'm being too simple. Not really sure what you're looking for as far as complexity and depth. Mine's neither.

Unfortunately, since I work in academia, we can't afford TSMManager. I'll probably just end up doing something with bar graphs in Excel using Tivoli Operational Reporting to get load info. I was just hoping to have something that looked more polished.
Thanks guys.

Back