Management Console issue

Arrow

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

For some reason, daily email reports stopped working and I've been trying to fix the issue for a few weeks now without success. So instead of keep trying, I thought I'd update it as it is quite old anyway (v5.5).

But from searching around, it looks like starting at 6.2.5 and 6.3.3, the management console has been removed. Links I've found with a possible solution are either dead or not relevant.

TSM (8.1) servers are on Linux and the Management Console is currently on Windows.

So how can I go about sending out daily reports considering Management Console is no longer available?

Thanks.

You should move over to the Operations Center. Way better than the old operational reporting.

Install a hub on of your servers and spokes on the others. Daily reports can be configured from there.

Install a hub on of your servers and spokes on the others.
Actually, if managing multiple servers, I'd recommend creating a new server instance just for the Hub server. The reason is that the hub must be at the same or higher level than all the other servers. And with agile development, there's always new features added to the OC which is a good reason to keep it at the latest.

By having a dedicated OC, you can keep upgrading it to the latest without affecting the Spectrum Protect Servers used for backups. You can update the spokes when it's convenient, not because there's new OC features you want to use.

Back