AIX BMR Solution

jonathan274

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I am a long time TSM Aadministrator and not too familiar with other backup products. Per my managements request I am looking for a non TSM AIX BMR solution that would be capable of backing up the data to a disk storage pool & a tape library. Is Netbackup a good product for this? It was also requested that it be an open source product if possible but I didn't get many suitable hits in my preliminary search. Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

PREDATAR Control23

I am a long time TSM Aadministrator and not too familiar with other backup products. Per my managements request I am looking for a non TSM AIX BMR solution that would be capable of backing up the data to a disk storage pool & a tape library. Is Netbackup a good product for this? It was also requested that it be an open source product if possible but I didn't get many suitable hits in my preliminary search. Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Why use another product when the MKSYS B method works great!

Stick to MYSYS B and you will never go wrong.

PREDATAR Control23

Yeah - after some discussion with my other sys admins it looks like the likely scenario will be mksys b to DASD mirrored to our remote site with a versioning reduction. My main goal here was getting it out of the TSM storage hierarchy. Thanks for replying.