ANR8355E I/O Error reading label for volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckohbeck

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi everyone

First of all, I am new to TSM. I am learing the TSM commands as I go on and I am reading lots of ADSM Forum Posts to get a better knowledge.

I have noticed that TSM is running low on scratch tapes so I checked the actlog of the last 4 weeks.
I noticed 4 tapes(AVZ345L5,AVZ346L5,AVZ347L5,AVZ348L5) that show up the following error:
ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume AVZ345L5 in drive DRIVE1
ANR8778W Scratch Volume AVZ345L5 changed to Privat Status to prevente re-access

I ran a cleaning tape and did change the status of those tapes to scratch again
Then I checked those tapes out and checked them in again, but the same error occured.
I checked the tapes out again and checked in some new tapes to the HP MSL 2024 library but the same error occured again.

I also checked if there are errors on the MSL Library but it is working fine. Also drive 1 and 2 on the library are able to read and write to other tapes.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much for helping me.

Hi,
did you try to re-label the 4 scratch tapes (label libv ... labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch overwrite=yes)?
And about the new tapes that you tried to check in: did you label them before?

Hi

I didn't start the label command.
I have a script that runs the checkin command (checkin libvol server search=yes checklabel=barcode status=scr).

OK, after some research I noticed that those tapes have never been in the library before. The backup expert who left the company 3 months ago did not label them.
So I check these tapes out, do de label command and check it back in. I'll give you a feedback as soon as it works :).

Thanks for your help.

thanks a lot rznadmin, you were absolutely right
the label command worked :)

thanks a lot rznadmin, you were absolutely right
the label command worked :)

I don't normally label NEW tapes when I check them in, the reason: the tapes I get are pre-labeled.

There are suppliers out there that does a pre-label by telling them which environment you intend to use the tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back