Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What to do with our growing Catalog on the Master server??

2011-09-09 18:07:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What to do with our growing Catalog on the Master server??
From: DiskJockey <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 15:07:09 -0700
We are leaning towards option 2

@ken_zufall  Thanks!

What to do with our growing Catalog on the Master server??
I'd suggest using the bpcat* commands:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpcatarc
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpcatlist
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpcatres
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpcatrm

We were able to cut our catalog from ~450GB to ~250GB.

I have opened a Symantec ticket to see if they can assistance/have any opinion
regarding this option...would like to know the pros/cons for the catalog archive

@BlueJay - yeah you're right that's a no no putting my catalog on a filer