Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapes mounting in ACSLS but not Netbackup

2011-07-27 19:35:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapes mounting in ACSLS but not Netbackup
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:35:08 -0400
> [...] When i initiate a backup i can see the
> job which sits in a mounting state in Netbackup, however, the tape
> itself is mounted in the drive in ACSLS.  Running a vmoprcmd shows
> nothing in the drive. Although i'm sure at one stage i've seen it
> pick up the mount in vmoprcmd but not in the GUI.
>
> I guess this is a communications error but i'm stumped, can't see
> anything meaningful in logs.

Sure sounds like incorrect drive mapping.

Like Len, it's been a long time since I had an ACSLS environment, but
remember that ACSLS is essentially a robotics controller and is not in
the data path.  The first step I'd take is mounting a tape in each
drive in turn, and use appropriate OS commands like 'mt -f
/dev/rmt/0cbn status' to establish which drive it actually loaded.